1) OPTBank Summer School for Ph.D. Students
The OPTBank Summer School for Ph.D. students is offered to the Ph.D. students of Indonesian university partners for two weeks. Each year, six Ph.D. students attended this program organized by the European university partners (Limoges, Rome, Crete) with different materials each year depending on the specific research skills of the event organizer. The topics learned by the participants are, among others: financial intermediation and banking regulation, financial development and economic growth, empirical methods in banking and finance research, advanced quantitative methods, and programming.
2) OPTBank Junior Faculty Member Research Training
This program is a research training in the European university partners for eight junior Indonesian faculty members (lecturers with a master’s degree and who will take a Ph.D.). The Junior Faculty Member Research Training was held in the first two years of the Eramus+ OPTBank project. This program started with junior faculty members attending a specific Research Training Program in Banking and Finance administered at the University of Limoges for two weeks. These participants then spent six weeks in a European partner university to work on a research project under a co-supervision from a European researcher and a senior Indonesian faculty member.
3) OPTBank Senior Faculty Member Research Visit
This program is a research visit of the senior Indonesian university faculty members. Six Indonesian senior faculty members spent one month in Europe each year. This program aims to improve the research exposure of senior faculty members at the international level by developing research collaboration (some of them involving junior faculty members), research mentoring, and participation in paper presentations in research seminars in European institutions. These visits also allow European and Indonesian researchers to exchange their experiences in managing Ph.D. programs and research activities.
4) OPTBank Exchange of Best Practice
Exchange of best practices between European and Indonesian administrative staff in managing research activities and Ph.D. programs was organized in the four European university partners.
5) OPTBank Community Services
Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) and Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS) conducted the community service programs for the Erasmus+ OPTBank program through online and/or hybrid sessions due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The community service programs aim to improve financial literacy and financial inclusion of the community.
Three community service programs were conducted by Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) and Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS) for the OPTBank project:
- “The New Normal of Financial Literacy” Webinar was held by Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) through an online platform on June 25th, 2020. The speakers in this webinar are the School of Business and Management (SBM) ITB faculty members; Dr. Subiakto CFP, Dr. Sylviana Maya Damayanti CFP, and Dr. Ahmad Danu CFP. One hundred and fifty participants attended the webinar that used “Boost your life skills during Covid-19 Pandemic” as a tagline and was opened for the public.
- Capacity Building “Implementation of digital regional financial management : Digital Transformation in Public Finance.” This program was conducted on June 10th, 2021, at Syariah Hotel, Solo, and was attended by Salatiga City Government Officers. Three speakers were invited from UNS Fintech Center (Dr. Aldy Faris Achsanta), Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) UNS (Dr. Taufiq Arifin), and Financial Consultant (Sutaryo, M.Si, CA,). Thirty-five participants attended the workshop, which includes 19 participants from Local Governments Officials from Salatiga city, that aimed to improve local government officers’ capability in managing their finance following the applicable financial regulation for local government.
- Webinar “Peer to Peer Lending and Future Challenges. This webinar was held in collaboration with the Indonesia Entrepreneurs Association (APINDO). Dr. Irwan Trinugroho (Chairman of UNS Fintech Center), Anto Prabowo (Indonesia Financial Services Authority), and Nurdin Setiawan (General Manager-HRM PT Pan Brothers, Tbk) were invited as speakers to deliver the material about funding access for MSMEs, credit crunch, and P2P Lending. Around 150 participants from Indonesian entrepreneurs in various sectors attended the webinar.
6) OPTBank InfoDays
Info Days is organized mainly to disseminate the results of OPTBank project activities to Indonesian universities. It involves participants in various OPTbank activities, such as Research Training Program, Research Visit Program, Summer School, Workshop to Design New Modules, and Exchange Best Practice.
OPTBank InfoDays was also conducted to share OPTBank project activities with the banking sector on September 4th, 2021, through the Zoom Cloud Meeting platform. This event was attended by roughly 100 representatives of banks and rural banks in Indonesia.
7) OPTBank Final Conference
The Final Conference of Erasmus+ CBHE OPTBANK titled OPTimizing Research & Doctoral Programs in BANKing and Finance in Indonesian Universities was held virtually via Zoom from 7th-9th September 2021. It was attended by representatives from European and Indonesian partner universities, and associated partners which include regulators and policymakers such as the OJK (Financial Services Authority), Bank Indonesia (Central Bank of Indonesia) and Indonesian Deposit Insurance Corporation.